Thursday, July 26, 2012

7-26-12

Still waiting on beta's for Choices and Falling Rain. So I've been working on Death's Grace. It's really coming to shape well. I had a general idea what I wanted, but was worried I couldn't do it. Even added a few things that surprised me. :D Which it's always a good day when I can surprise myself with my own story. How much longer will it be? Well, right now its at 5,100 words and I generally limit myself to around 10k words or push myself for that amount. Of course sometimes I post stuff around 8/9k, but I'm thinking this one may run a little long. I want to get them at least starting to escape with a plan ready... Whether they actually get there is another story. Still have to somehow get Sam and Sebby boy off the side of the building. Other than that I've been working on my original stories. Finally fixed the beginning hook for my Robyn story.


Whoever first said that 'dead men tell no tales' never actually saw the dead. Or they never tried to read them in the least because for Drake the image's of the victims in his latest case practically wailed at him. Even when he wasn't looking at said pictures or at detailed descriptions of the crime scene as he was now. At first glance even Drake could see someone mistaking the orange tinted black text from the device he held in his hand as orderly news for the controlled masses. Who knew that such graphically horrific nightmares were belayed beneath the surface? Well, he did. Damn, did he ever. His thoughts numbed as his notes for the Trenson case scrawled further down on a translucent screen belonging to a small black cylinder device or the PriSn as the manufacturer deemed to call it. The details of the crime... having the other cases he knew these plain words failed to grasp the true horror of the murder. And that said a lot. 




Uh-Uh? Good or not? I like it at any rate. I will probably tweak it one more time, I got something floating around in my head that it needs, but as of yet my muse has not seen fit to grace me with knowing it. Anyway, that's all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment